Over the last 30 years, Gulfstream has completed commercial real estate transactions valued in excess of $1 billion. Gulfstream participated in each of these transactions utilizing senior bank partners, its own funds, and funds raised from its 125 individual investors – most of whom have been investing with Gulfstream for many years.
- Although past performance is never a guarantee of future results, Gulfstream has consistently delivered attractive risk-adjusted annual returns to its investors.
- In the years 2007 through 2008 – a turbulent time in the United States’ commercial real estate market – the average annual return earned by Gulfstream investors was over 10%.
- Gulfstream offers its bank partners a senior secured position within each real estate loan transaction, and Gulfstream structures its investment in each project as a “first-loss” subordinate participant.
- In the past five years the company has either purchased or originated transactions totaling more than $300 million.
Representative Gulfstream Transactions
- Purchase of a $14.2 million loan secured by 18 funeral homes located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Purchase of a $7.2 million loan secured by 22 convenience stores located in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Purchase of a $6.2 million sub-performing loan secured by three office buildings in Draper, UT
- Purchase of two performing loans, totaling $6 million, secured by hotels in Memphis, TN and Brookhaven, MS
- Purchase of a $4.5 million sub-performing loan secured by a multi-family complex in Lompoc, CA
- Purchase of a $4.7 million sub-performing loan secured by a hotel in Albany, NY
- Purchase of a $12 million performing loan secured by three office buildings in suburban Salt Lake City, UT
- Purchase of four loans, totaling $4.1 million, secured by RiteAid drug stores in New Hampshire and Virginia, and a Kerr drug store in North Carolina
- Purchase of a sub-performing $7.6 million participation in a $21 million credit facility secured by 9 limited service hotels in Illinois, Georgia and Florida
- Purchase of five performing loans, totaling $2.8 million, secured by multi-family projects in Los Angeles, CA
- Purchase of a $3.8 million non-performing loan secured by a medical clinic in Chattanooga, TN
- Purchase of a $5.1 million loan secured by a 70-unit resort in Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Palm Springs, CA
- Purchase of a $1.6 million performing loan secured by an executive suites office building in suburban Houston, TX